Planning to paint your cabinets? Here are the best cabinet paint colors including our favorite white, black, gray, blue, and green kitchen cabinet paint colors!
Whether you are gutting your kitchen or just giving it a refresh, changing your kitchen cabinet colors is a BIG decision.
The kitchen sets the tone for the home and the kitchen colors set the color palette for your whole house.
But, there are so many kitchen cabinet paint color ideas!
Whether you want neutral or bold, traditional or modern, today we are talking about the best paint for cabinets and inspiring you to get this paint job done!
Popular cabinet paint colors
What are the most popular kitchen cabinet paint colors? You can paint your cabinets any color, but these are the most popular cabinet paint colors:
How to choose the best kitchen cabinet paint color
Here are a few things to keep in mind when picking your cabinet paint colors:
- Color of existing finishes – flooring, tile, large furniture, walls, etc
- Kitchen size
- Amount of natural light
- Kitchen size
- Style or inspiration looks (use pinterest and find REALISTIC kitchens similar to yours)
- Style of cabinets/cabinet doors
- Combination of cabinets like lowers, uppers, peninsula, island, etc
- Appliances and color of appliances
- Additional features like glass front cabinets, floating shelves, etc to lighten up the space
Look for inspiration photos, but be sure that those kitchens are actually similar to yours. If you have a smaller home, don’t use a mansion expansive kitchen as inspo. It just won’t read the same!
Lighting is another huge one. If you have lots of natural light, it will wash out colors more and make light colors look closer to white. No natural light? Colors will look darker in general.
Finally, do NOT commit to a color without swatching it. Get samples and paint them in several places. Look at them day AND night for at least a week before committing!
The best cabinet paint colors
Here are my favorite cabinet paint colors! I have an in-depth blog post for each color with images of the color swatch as well as the color on kitchen cabinets so be sure to click thru for those details!
The best white cabinet paint colors
- Sherwin Williams Alabaster SW 7008
- Sherwin Williams Pure White SW 7005
- Benjamin Moore White Dove
- Behr Polar Bear
- Behr Swiss Coffee
- Sherwin Williams Aesthetic White SW7035
- Benjamin Moore Chantilly Lace OC-65
- Benjamin Moore Chalk White 2126-70
- Behr Ultra Pure White 1850
- Benjamin Moore White Diamond
- Sherwin Williams Snowbound SW 7004
The best black cabinet paint colors
- Sherwin Williams Tricorn Black
- Sherwin Williams Iron Ore
- Sherwin Williams Caviar
- Sherwin Williams Black Magic
- Benjamin Moore Wrought Iron
- Benjamin Moore Cheating Heart
- Benjamin Moore French Beret
- Behr Beluga
- Behr Black Suede
- Behr Totally Black
- Valspar Dark Kettle Black
- Farrow & Ball Off-Black
The best gray cabinet paint colors
- Sherwin Williams Repose Gray
- Benjamin Moore Winter Gates
- Benjamin Moore Chelsea Gray
- Benjamin Moore Iron Mountain
- Sherwin Williams Online
- Behr Amazon Stone
- Sherwin Williams Misty
- Sherwin Williams Peppercorn
The best blue cabinet paint colors
- Windy Sky by Benjamin Moore (1639)
- Iceberg by Benjamin Moore (2122-50)
- Brittany Blue by Benjamin Moore (1633)
- Icy by Sherwin Williams (SW6534)
- Lake Placid by Benjamin Moore (827)
- Upward by Sherwin Williams (SW 6239)
- Hale Navy by Benjamin Moore (HC-154)
- Stained Glass by Benjamin Moore (CSP-685)
- Blue Note by Benjamin Moore (2129-30)
- New Providence Navy by Benjamin Moore (1651)
- Polo Blue by Benjamin Moore (2062-10)
- Gentleman’s Gray by Benjamin Moore (2062-20)
The best green cabinet paint colors
- Behr Nature’s Gift
- Behr Laurel Tree
- Benjamin Moore High Park
- Benjamin Moore Night Train
- Behr In the Moment
- Behr Trailing Vine
- Behr North Woods
- Sherwin Williams Rookwood Sash Green
- Benjamin Moore Waller Green
- Sherwin Williams Pewter Green
What is your favorite kitchen cabinet paint color?
Still not sure what paint color to choose?
My Paint Color Formula ebook walks you through the painless process of expertly testing paint swatches to ensure you have the perfect color for your home.