Looking for colors to compliment sage green? Here are the best colors that go with sage green!
Sage green is a super popular paint color at the moment. I personally have sage green walls in the whole downstairs of my home!
I love that sage feels earthy and natural, with a bit more interest than your every day neutral.
Don’t want to commit to all that green? Sage green also makes a great accent wall color!
Regardless of your use, you might be trying to come up with a color scheme featuring your green paint color.
Let’s talk about the best accent colors for sage green!
Love sage green?
- The best sage green paint colors
- What color is sage green?
- The best sage green paint colors for cabinets
- The best sage green bedroom paint colors
- The best light sage green paint colors
- The best dark sage green paint colors
- The best accent colors to pair with sage green
- The best sage green colors for kitchen cabinets
- The best gray to pair with sage green
- The best Behr sage green paint colors
- The best Benjamin Moore Sage Green paint colors
- The best Sherwin Williams sage green paint colors
Free printable sage green color palette
Join the (free!) PaintColorProject+ community to access this exclusive color palette!
What colors look good with sage green?
You can create a sage green color palette with complementary colors, analogous colors, or neutral colors.
In general, sage green pairs best with:
Remember that there are a TON of shades of sage green. Some are more yellow/warm and others more blue/gray. Not all accents will work with each. Test, test, test before you commit!
Analogous colors for sage green
Analogous is a SAT-word that just means colors next to each other on the color wheel. Since green lays between yellow and blue on the color wheel, analogous colors for sage green are shades of blue and yellow.
Blue colors to pair with sage green
- Sherwin Williams Naval
- Sherwin Williams Windy
- Benjamin Moore New York State of Mind
- Sherwin Williams Honest Blue
- Benjamin Moore Bachelor Blue
- Sherwin Williams Topsail
Yellow colors to pair with sage green
- Benjamin Moore Mustard Seed
- Sherwin Williams Macadamia
- Sherwin Williams Cut the Mustard
- Sherwin Williams Alchemy
- Benjamin Moore Lemon Freeze
- Behr Moon Mist
Colors to complement sage green
Complementary colors are typically opposite on the color wheel from each other and provide unexpected contrast in their color combination. In general, shades of warm pink like terra cotta are considered complementary to sage green paint.
The best pink accent colors for sage green
- Sherwin Williams Smoky Salmon
- Behr Pinata
- Sherwin Williams Cavern Clay
- Benjamin Moore Wild Flower
- Sherwin Williams Baked Clay
- Sherwin Williams Persimmon
Best neutral paint colors to pair with sage green
Since sage green has a lot of gray or silver to it, lean into that and choose gray-based neutrals. Whether you want a warm or cool tone really depends on your shade of sage.
If your shade of green is warm with a lot of yellow to it, choose a warmer neutral. If it is more blue, choose a cooler gray.
Some of my favorite warm gray paint colors include:
- Benjamin Moore Pale Oak
- Benjamin Moore Chelsea Gray
- Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter
- Sherwin Williams Agreeable Gray
Some of my favorite cool neutral paint colors include:
Best white paint color to pair with sage green
White tones are similar to neutrals in that they highly depend on your shade of sage. But, if your sage green feels very gray, cool-toned, or even a touch blue, stick to a crisp cool white paint color.
- Benjamin Moore Simply White
- Sherwin Williams Extra White
- Behr Ultra Pure White
If your sage is more warm or yellow, you can choose the crisp white for more contrast, or a slightly warm white for a softer finish.
- Sherwin Williams Alabaster
- Benjamin Moore White Dove
- Behr Cameo White
Best wood tones to pair with sage green
I’m going to sound like a broken record, but the most important factor in choosing a wood tone to pair with your sage green is the undertone of the green.
Warmer shades of sage with a lot of yellow or brown to them pair really nicely with a warm to golden toned wood.
Cooler shades of sage that are more blue or almost mint will clash with yellow or orange toned flooring and look best with something very neutral to cool toned.
What are your favorite accent colors for sage green?
Still not sure what paint color to choose?
My Paint Color Formula ebook walks you through the painless process of expertly testing paint swatches to ensure you have the perfect color for your home.